Since 2018, the Shoulder to Shoulder Campaign has worked with national and local partners and leading experts to develop and offer the Faith Over Fear training programs.
Faith Over Fear reduces and counters anti-Muslim bias, discrimination, and violence in the United States by working with faith and community leaders to:
- Improve skills (and confidence) to speak against anti-Muslim rhetoric and discrimination
- Increase community discussions to effectively counter anti-Muslim discrimination
- Build stronger local multi-religious networks
Faith Over Fear includes the following topics:
- Analyze Islamophobia and anti-Muslim bigotry in the United States by examining the historical context and understanding the contemporary challenges;
- Communicate for Change by learning how to transform a demeaning culture filled with untruthful and harmful notions by empowering communities to make meaning of their shared values based on accurate and generative language; and
- Implement Engagement Strategies by utilizing proven tactics to dilute anti-Muslim bigotry while promoting peaceful coexistence.